Aurora 4 Technical Specifications
Weight (includes driver): 720 lbs [326 kg]
Weight (w/out driver): 544 lbs [247 kg]
Weight of Batteries: 159 lbs [72 kg]
Weight of Body and Solar Array: 385 lbs [175 kg]
Weight of Driver: 176 lbs [79.8 kg] If less, lead shot is added.
Front Wheels %
Rear Wheels %
Length: 17.6 ft [5.4 m]
Width: 6.5 ft. [2.0 m]
Height: 3.0 ft [0.9 m]
Wheelbase: x.x ft [x.xx m]
Track Width: x.x ft [x.xx m]
Clearance: x.xx ft [x.xx m]
Estimated Tire Rolling Resistance Coefficient (Crr): x.xxx
Frontal Area: xx.xx ft2 [x.xx m2]
CdA: x.xxx ft2 (x.xxx m2)
Cd: x.xx (CFD Prediction)
- Composite sandwich structure of Kevlar/Carbon fiber with Nomex and polyurethane foam core.
- Prefabricated graphite panels were used as stiffeners and to tie the top and bottom body surfaces of the car together.
- Bubble style, custom manufactured canopy via vacuum forming.
- Materials: Composite monocoque made of fiberglass/Nomex panels reinforced with fiberglass tape.
- Battery enclosures, electronic enclosures, and vehicle belly pan are integral composite structural members.
- Aluminum roll cage and suspension components
- Frame is nonconductive for drivers safety.
Wheels and Tires:
- 4 Wheels: Standard configuration
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Dimensions: Wheels: 14 in. [36 cm], Tires: 18.75 in. [47.6 cm]
- Manufacturer: Wheels - NGM, Tires - Bridgestone Ecopia
- Redundant system.
- Dual front hydraulically actuated disc brakes with braided lines for safety.
- Secondary braking is regenerative and provided by the motor.
- Manufacturer: New Generation Motors (NGM)
- Power: 8.7 hp [6.5 kW]
- Weight: 35 lbs [16 kg]
- Manufacturer: Ovonic Battery Company
- Nominal Voltage: 96 V
- Weight: 159 lbs [72 kg]
Controls and Instrumentation:
- Foot actuated throttle and brakes.
- Cruise control.
- Digital driver display: speedometer/pack voltage/draw.
- Integrated LED console: turn signals, warning lights.
- All other vehicle data monitored via telemetry to support vehicles.
- Manufacturer: ASE Americas
- Number Used: 1900+ (after cutting)
- Peak Energy Generation: 1,200 Watts
- Area: xx.xx ft2 [x.x m2]
- Structure: 3D single surface array with advanced curvature